My photo
Texas
Welcome to my life, as the pages are continuously being written...

Little bit of this, Little bit of that...

Welcome Friends

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Layered Tortilla Pie

One of my favorite things to do in the fall is go through recipes! I love it! My mother in law and I often swap recipe books and try things out and tell each other which ones have worked for us. This one was a hit with my family.




Layered Enchilada/Tortilla Pie

Ingredients

* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 6 corn tortillas (6 inches)
* 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
* 1/4 cup water

Directions

* In a large skillet, brown beef and onion until meat is no longer
* pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, garlic, chili powder, salt,
* pepper and olives if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce head; simmer
* for 5 minutes or until thickened.
*
* Lightly butter tortillas on one side; place each tortilla, buttered
* side down, in a 2-qt. round casserole. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat
* mixture on each of the tortillas. Sprinkle with about 1/3 cup
* cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
*
* Pour water around the sides of casserole (not over top). (* I put water inside the enchilada can so that I'm not using just water.) Works well!
* Cover and
* bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5




Courtesy: Taste of Home/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you for stopping by ♥

Have a Blessed Day!