My photo
Texas
Welcome to my life, as the pages are continuously being written...

Little bit of this, Little bit of that...

Welcome Friends

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Great Fall Crock-Pot Soup Recipe

Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 lb shredded, cooked chicken
1 (15 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
1 medium onion, chopped (I use purple)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups water
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt (this can be more, or less to taste.  I use more)
¼ tsp black pepper (same as above)
1 bay leaf
1 (10 oz) package frozen corn
1 (15 oz) can black beans
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Shredded 4-cheese blend Mexican cheese or Sharp cheddar
Tortilla strips or broken tortilla chips

Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce onion, green chiles, and garlic into slow cooker.
Pour in water and broth and then all seasonings (including bay leaf).
Stir in corn, beans, and cilantro.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4.

To serve, sprinkle shredded cheese and tortilla strips on top of each bowl.
**I have also used additional chopped fresh green onions for garnish along with cheese and chips/strips…very good.

By Stefanie- I rec'd this recipe from a dear friend and my family has enjoyed this recipe on almost a weekly basis.  I made it this way many times until I found the tomato sauce cans that are 'fire roasted diced tomatoes."  I replace the whole peeled tomatoes.  
This is a great recipe!!!  Thanks for sharing Stacy!

2 comments:

  1. You DID it!! You started a recipe blog!!! YAY YOU!!
    Oh, and happy to share :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to slowly add to to it and only recipes that I've actually tried!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you for stopping by ♥

Have a Blessed Day!